· ACF Es - Fundación Acción contra el Hambre
· Trocaire - Irish Catholic Agency for Development
· TSF - Telécoms Sans Frontière
· MdM - Medicos del Mundo
EU – ECHO
The General Objective is to contribute to improving the food and nutrition security of Guatemala's Dry Corridor families in extreme vulnerability by covering their basic food needs and increasing community and institutional resilience.
The specific objective is to improve the food and nutrition security situation of the vulnerable population of Guatemala's Dry Corridor, specifically during the seasonal hunger periods, through a more effective humanitarian assistance coordinated by public institutions and communities.
- Creation of the Interinstitutional Committee for Project Management to prioritize communities;
- Validation of beneficiary families, using the special vulnerability criteria such as the presence of disabilities and the needs of the elderly;
- Providing food assistance through cash transfer and household monitoring; monitoring of the impact of food assistance in the survival strategies and food consumption of beneficiary families in comparison to non-beneficiary families.
- Design of interinstitutional plans in health districts to improve the active research and treatment of cases of children afflicted by acute malnutrition;
- Launch of a study about the wasting-stunting link and its implication for malnutrition; disseminating the results of the above-mentioned study and issuing recommendations in order to update the identification and treatment protocols for children afflicted by acute malnutrition;
- Reinforcement, organization and dissemination of the most relevant community and municipal methodologies management of food and nutrition security information pertinent to the Guatemala’s Dry Corridor and its connection to the implementation of actions for drought preparedness, humanitarian response and provision of care to families and persons with special needs;
- Strengthening, systematization and dissemination of actions aimed at improving the livelihood resilience based on the agricultural production by the Dry Corridor communities;
- Study and dissemination of survival strategies of families facing situations of food insecurity linked to migration and access to temporary employment;
- Establishment of the National Laboratory on the promotion of social protection networks for the prevention and response to recurrent food crises, with particular attention to the dissemination of community and municipal planning and management experiences.